Course Title: Signing, Lighting and Guarding - Unit 2 of New Roads and Street Works
City and Guilds certified - Operatives and Supervisors
Intended for operatives and/or supervisors involved in road and streetworks.
The course will cover all areas of the New Roads & Streetworks Act for Signing, Lighting & Guarding. Combining teaching with practical assessment delegates will undertake recognised training and assessment.
The candidate must be able to:
· Produce a plan of an intended site showing the position of signs, guarding and traffic signals. The plan must include all relevant distances, sizes, and dimensions required.
· Produce a list of equipment for the intended site.
· Demonstrate the sequence of setting out the advance signing, safety zones and pedestrian walkways.
· Demonstrate the positioning, testing, adjusting, commissioning and decommissioning of temporary traffic signals.
· Answer a range of questions to demonstrate knowledge of the subject.
· Conduct the activities safely wearing the appropriate safety wear.
· Provide sufficient knowledge evidence by way of oral or written questions.
SWQR cards are only valid for 5 years. Delegates will have 6 months before or 6 months after the renewal date to sit the re-assessment exams (please note that delegates will not be covered for the 6 months after the renewal date)