Through an interactive, intensive day of working on these objectives, participants will have the opportunity to explore their own organisation and how it relates to them. At the end of the day, participants will have a written plan to take them back to the work for implementation of new ideas. This course can be specifically tailored to the needs of our clients.
• Learn the effect or purchasing decisions on the company’s profitability
• Know how to generate profitable working relationships with suppliers
• Know how to ensure purchasing specifications meets commercial needs
• Agree purchasing criteria and specifications with internal departments and external suppliers
• Increase your power to lower costs
• Purchasing – what are the Key Activities?
• How to select Suppliers and develop meaningful relationships with them
• What is Supply Chain?
• Where does Purchasing fit in Supply Chain Management?
• Understanding Material Resource Planning
• Using Just in Time (JiT)
• Total Quality Management (TQM) – is it relevant?
• Inventory Management – why, when, where, what, how
• Performance Management – how do you know if you are doing a good job?
• What are your Key Supply Chain Management issues?
Duration: One Day